Sunday, October 11, 2009

Oct 09: MLB Playoffs @ Slater's 50/50

October is in swing with the cooler weather, the NFL Season, NBA preseason, and the MLB playoffs. I love it.

On Friday I got dinner with Jen, Brian, and special guest Andy (aka Andy Pandy). We hit up Slater's 50/50 to take advantage of the happy hour appetizer/pitcher special as well as the Anaheim Angels fanbase we would expect to be there.

Two pitchers (Widmer Hef and Stone Arrogant Bastard) for the three of us... I was a tad bit overzealous in ordering this.


Vampire dip is a must everytime, especially at 50% off during happy hour.


Combo appetizer plate: sliced pickle chips, sweet potato fries, and fried onion strings. All winners.


And another amazing discovery: bacon salt. I'd love to have this on a baked potato... or anything for that matter. "Everything should taste like bacon." Touché.

The crowd was surprisingly filled with a lot of families with kids. I think it was a way for the dads to catch the games and keep the wife and kids happy too. Hi Brimo.


"Oooh this is a cool shot Jon-Jon let me take your picture." -Jen.


"Oh I want one with that background too! Let's switch." Ummmm.... sure.


Flat panels everywhere. I was able to catch the end of the Yankees/Twins game and a majority of the Angels/Red Sox game.


I got a Hawaiian style burger: beef patty with American cheese, red onions, grilled pineapple, fried egg, and baconnaise spread on a whole wheat squaw bun. This will probably be the last time I'll get baconnaise since it's so salty. No complaints on the grilled onion or fried egg though!


The bill came with some 'mints'. Hamburger gummies! F*ckin' awesome.


The damage done. We tried, and failed.


A sneaker day at work too. What One's Wearing: Poorman Kid Robot Air Max 1s. I got these black/gold air maxes at Blends SD during their sale and swapped some pink laces on them in support of Breast Cancer Awareness Month.


And over the weekend SoCal brought out the brooms and cleaned up shop.
Saturday: The Dodgers sweep the Cardinals.

Sunday: The (Anaheim, in my book) Angels sweep the Red Sox.


Freeway World Series in the works? Epic.

3 comments:

. said...

epic.

EagleEye2002 said...

Where was I?
Haha. Jk man. I have been MIA. Next week I will take my test. After that we are hitting happy hour hard.

Unknown said...

Dude when ur ready to hang, I'll be here. Maybe today for game 1 vs the Yankees.