Friday, June 26, 2009

RIP MJ

You all know the news. I was definitely shaken and in disbelief. I was on the road back from Encinitas when I heard. At first I got texts from friends. Then checked the Twitter and FB updates. Then the rest of the drive home I shut off my ipod to listen for the first time in a while, Michael Jackson songs on the radio.

It's kinda strange since the other day I was watching the old Captain E.O. movie from Disneyland and was thinking that I'll post it soon. (Part 1, Part 2)

It's unfortunate that it takes his passing to awaken our love for his music and his contributions and influences to the entertainment world. I remember my parents (illegally) recorded his Dangerous Tour in Bucharest in 1992 which was aired on HBO. (And now I'm stoked to find that it was officially released on DVD in 2005. Copped.) I also remember watching the video marathons and specials on TV growing up.

Here are my favorite music videos from his solo career:
Don't Stop Til You Get Enough
The Way You Make Me Feel
Smooth Criminal
Jam
Remember The Time

Nobody did it better. Undoubtedly, he is an icon for our generation.



Thank you for the memories Michael.

No comments: