Thursday, June 04, 2009

Random Night @ Heat Lounge

On Tuesday night I had planned on either just staying in for the night or to relax and chill out with Stephen and Bryan and watch movies at the crib. Then I get a call around 8pm from Cesar that Henry's in town from Florida for only 3 days and that they were gonna take him out. Mike Le was coming too! Ignoring my better judgment at the time, I had to go out since I haven't seen Henry for a while and Mike NEVER comes out.

Ultra Heat Lounge. This spot is definitely CRACKIN' on Tuesday nights. A lot of Asians (specifically Filipinos) were in the house. Last time I went was with Cesar, Casso and Lizel. Since then, the dress code seems to have relaxed a lot. It's like Florentine's 2.0. (I put 3 shots together for this picture. Can you say "skills?"


Henry's currently going through the Med program in Granada. He's such a random but fun dude. He's tech savvy too and is an avid twitterer! Good to see you Henry!


Why was this night random? I ran into friends I hadn't seen in a while as well as friends of friends. Let the randomness begin.

First set we ran into right away was Cindy T. and Brian. They're getting married later this month. Congratulations! And no, we didn't plan on all wearing black and red. (Thanks to the photographer for taking this picture for us. Lol.) "ASIAN POSE!" -Brian


Also ran into Janice who knows that UCI group we always hang out with at Libertine's. She happens to know Cindy too. Random!




Canyon reunion! Mike, James, Cindy, Cesar, Henry, me.


"Jomo, everyone says you look like Brian, but I don't see it..." -Cindy
Cindy, I think you need to have your eyes checked.


I was talking to Henry and Mike for a minute and in the background I saw the homie Albert (Rooted Movement, Barkada Modern). He was DJing at Florentine's, but stopped by Heat Lounge for a minute with his friends Tracy and Carla (DJ C-L.A.). Damn they're gorgeous. You can catch DJ C-L.A. spinning at Tao Thursdays through Saturdays.


The guys proceeded to chill inside and dance and whatnot. I did for a little bit, but it was too damn hot for my taste so I chilled outside on the patio most of the time.


Saw this dude next to me and just started talking to him. I'm not sure how it came up, but I found out he's on Team Millenia and knows Trevor, Alvin, and Toe-Knee. Meet Jeff V.


And he was chillin' with this lovely lady, Bui. She's one of the newest members of Kaba Legacy, and her two favorites from the team are Cindy Kim and Lizel! One degree of separation with both of these guys. Too random.


TMxKM.


Jun (TM).


This guy recognized me from some of the parties in San Diego. Ron-Ron is homies with Jay and Maka.


Ran intoTwee (CA) which wasn't so random because we were messaging back and forth. Good to see ya.


And on my way out, at the end of the night I ran into my friend Jenn from UCSD and her roommate Daisy. RANDOM!


My own status: I was pretty drunk. I overdid my solo preparty (3 swigs of rum) and had 3 drinks at the bar. Overall a fun night.

No comments: