Tuesday, September 15, 2009

If You're in the Bay Area This Weekend...

Check out the homie DJ Mark Marcelo (MindzAlike) who will be spinning at a few venues in San Jose, Berkeley, and San Francisco from Thursday through Saturday. I wish I could go, but I don't really have much vacation time or money to spend at the moment. It's also almost his birthday weekend, so show the homie some love!!

From his BLOG:
I was born and raised in the Bay Area, Union City to be exact, and it is that environment that is most responsible for my DJing style and music taste. This weekend I’m proudly making my rounds at some of the Bay’s most talked-about venues and events.

We’re starting this Thursday at Sabor for Major Thursdays–San Jose’s essential Thursday party where the lines start incredibly early. Arriving around 10pm or so is recommended as well as a female-friendly ratio.


Then on Friday during the day I’ve been invited to DJ in-store at Adidas in Berkeley located on Telegraph to support the MAV Foundation. Immediately afterwards we’re taking the party to Azul in downtown San Francisco for the September installment of Rerunz–an all 70’s, 80’s, and 90’s classic dance party (kinda my thing).

Lastly, on Saturday I’ll be at 111 Minna DJ’ing alongside Fran Boogie, Swift Rock, Erk the Jerk, and a host of other performances. As usual, early arrival is a must.


I hope to to see you at all of these events. Feel free to send full-names to holler@markmarcelo.com for guest list considerations to all the events.

Yay-Area collar-poppage to Izzace, Victory, Rayzaruckus, MindzAlike, Rawkbeez, and Boogie Events for making things happen.

No comments: