Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Sept 05: Sippin' Sideways

On Saturday I took a little trip down to Temecula with Diana and Laila, as well as a special guest appearance by Ian Curry! I haven't seen this guy since senior year of high school. Everyone seems to have a nickname for me and his was "Jomoean Policies" or "Policies" for short. We got to catch up a lot on the drive down.

We started 2 hours later than scheduled, and only went to 2 wineries. The first spot we went to was South Coast where Laila actually is a wine club member. She picked up 3 bottles and also got 2 of us in for free! Not only that, but our pourer Jennifer recognized Laila from previous visits (how often do you go?) so she hooked us each up with at least 4 extra tastings. Sweet.








On to the next one, Wilson Creek: not as hospitable as the other spot, but had a good selection of wines.


Cheers!


"Hey let's stand behind Jomo so he looks even shorter!" -Ian. Ass!




Camera angles can make a difference. Here I am, almost as tall as Laila.


And here I am, dwarfed again.

Fine Diana. Your picture-taking skills are pretty good.



A rare candid picture for the day.



Good times guys.


A quick bite to eat at Rubios before we went back to Anaheim.


Back in high school, Ian and I used to play Go a lot. He was better than I was at Go, but I beat him at Dots! Good game. A Brazilian handshake to you good sir.

No comments: