Monday, September 14, 2009

What One's Eating: Slater's 50/50 Burgers by Design

I really CHILL weekend. Friday night, stayed home. Saturday, stayed home. Sunday, football throughout most of the day (and caught Entourage, ABDC, and the VMAs). For lunch, Bruce and I hit up a new burger/sportsbar joint in Anaheim Hills. (Click on images for enlarged pictures.)

Slater's 50/50 Burgers by Design has a decent selection of beers, a good list of appetizers and entrées, and has a special menu that allows you to create a custom burger. The "50/50" is half ground beef, half ground bacon. Yep.

The combinations are endless.



A negative is that the burgers don't automatically come with fries. You order them on the side as an appetizer. The positive is that they have sweet potato fries! Comes with sides of ranch and pumpkin sauce (also good).


More variety.


Bruce got a Fire Burger (1/3 lbs) on squall wheat with lettuce, tommato, grilled onions (which looks like sauerkraut) and salsa.


MONSTER! (Please see images above for my selection.) Pasta salad and a Fat Tire on the side.


I had to take some of the onion straws off in order to fit this bad boy in my mouth. My verdict: I wish I didn't get the jalapenos (for the sake of my own stomach). But the food was great and I'll definitely come back soon to try another combo out.


Fried artichoke hearts to close just because we stuck around to watch the end of a few games. I could have done without this. The batter was fine, but the artichoke hearts were super soggy.


We watched the Falcons handle the Dolphins (Bruce is a huge Matty Ice fan), Jake Delhomme shell out 4 interceptions to the Eagles, and that unbelievable ending to the Broncos/Bengals game. Yay football season.


I like this spot a lot as far as the food and drink selection and also the fact that it's a close-by sportsbar. But I think the location is kind of bad and the atmosphere was pretty family oriented for a Sunday football session. I'll go back during the week for happy hour and 1/2 off appetizers!!

1 comment:

Mike D. said...

BOMB! imma need to yelp this place...