Thursday, September 10, 2009

Sept 06: Ivy and The End of Summer Block Party @ the House of Blues SD

This trip down to San Diego was a gameday decision with the help of Mr. Yonten. We were supposed to go down together so that we could drive back together at the end of the night. That wasn't exactly how the night ended, but who cares about that. It's all about the party. Thanks to Brandon and Toe-Knee for some of these pictures.

Started the night off at the Ivy rooftop to see the homie Jay Dread (5&A Dime) give his DJ Hero career a second wind.


I love the spot (similar to The Standard), but the scene is wack.


Scotty (OPP) rockin' the asymmetric lineup. It's the new black. (Did I just rhyme?)




The last time I saw Jay spin was at Basic a few years ago. Legendary status.
"The hardest thing is getting used to the new technologies." -Jay Drizzy.


After Jay's set, most of us headed over to the House of Blues where the party was just getting started. Lester and KevMighty of FYS.


Fels x Tep x Red (Victory)


Cha x Hanna x Judy


Why so mad Guil? Awww you miss your brother?!


Thanks for the drink. Wuttup Evan Stone! (Refer to Brand-EZ's comment HERE.)


Tweezy (Cockstar Army)


James R. Go hard.


Stacy. Thanks for the free swigs. I think I had about 3?


Girard x Klev. More free drinks. I was lovin' the hospitality through the night. Thanks.


Where have you been Meg?


Eddie x Dennis x James (Orange County). I'm glad you guys had a good time.


HERE YOU GO EDDIE! Shine on homie.


Your favorite DJ's favorite DJ: DJ Mark Marcelo. LET'S GO!


Birthday Babies: Noriza x Hannah x DJ edROC x Anthony


Hella crackin'.


I spy TAA member Guil! Do you? It's like the Filipino Where's Waldo.


When did we take this picture?? I don't even remember getting on stage. This is where the pictures get kinda fuzzy...


The Twins: Jay & Lee. EOC UP!


(Kimtan x) Myron (21XL) x TK (Victory). Happy birthday Myron!!


That's love right there...


More pictures I don't remember taking. Did I do a Goose pour?


Jenn. Nice... sweater? Cardigan? Whatever. I like your hat! Stay in school.


Who needs bread? Julz does!

Gelz x Star Trak


Smile Judy!


Who took this picture for us Hannah? Klev the Discrete Photobomber.


Mad Dog Ben (Clae) x Fels


Lights out! (No choke.) (What, too soon?)


Mobbin' the streets of SD. Get the f**k out now.




Without a co-pilot for the drive home, I ended up passing out at Mark and Ben's hotel at the Marriott. Thanks guys. Later, I might post up a video of Supreme/Blends Mark's ignant-ass conversation with "Rick". Rick's got some lift tickets by the way.

Before I passed out I got some 4th meal with James and his homies.


Carnitas torta again. I'm addicted. The lettuce and guac taste so refreshing.


The end of another good night. Thanks SD!

No comments: