Friday, December 04, 2009

Today in Sports: Pacquiao-Mayweather, World Cup 2010 Draw

By no means am I switching this blog up to a sports blog, youtube blog, or random picture blog. But I do need to fill in the space when I don't have pictures of me doing nothing. (If however you are a big fan of pictures of me just hanging out at home, let me know.)

Pacquiao vs Mayweather
It's all but official. Both parties have agreed to the general terms as far as the date (March 13, 2010) and weight (147 lbs.). The fight is expected to bring $45 million to each fighter, and the headlining potential venues are MGM Las Vegas, The Superdome (New Orleans), and Cowboys Stadium (Dallas). Why wasn't the typical May 1st weekend chosen? Because my man Pacquiao is planning to run for Philippine Congress on May 10th. It will be a battle between a great offense in Pacquiao and a great defense in Mayweather. You already know who I'm down for.


FIFA World Cup Draw 2010
South Africa. The giver of this beautiful native who was on hand for the draw.



The United States(14) received a favorable draw in Group C with England(9), Slovenia(33), and Algeria(28) in the mix. The "Group of Death"? Group G with Brazil(2), North Korea(84), Ivory Coast (16), and Portugal(5).
I really don't know too much about world rankings, so check out ESPN's analysis HERE.
What I do know? Cheetah Woods is the mascot. Just kidding. Leave Tiger alone now.


Why am I posting World Cup news? Because I genuinely enjoy watching the sport, especially on the global level. Intensity. Heart. Determination. Joy. Sorrow. All felt by nations at the same time. It's amazing. I suggest you watch this coming summer.

3 comments:

DontEvenTrip said...

You know I love Pacman...

But it's Mayweather baby!

Unknown said...

that's only because you're mexican and we beat your Golden Boy to death.

EagleEye2002 said...

You should go. I am trying to get tickets!