Sunday, November 01, 2009

What One's Eating: Sushi Deli, Downtown San Diego

Yesterday I went down to San Diego for the HoB event (pictures will be up tomorrow) and to also have a big meet-up with some of the NSB.org fam from SoCal, The Bay, and Jamie who was visiting from DC. Unfortunately everyone but Jamie FLAKED OUT (you're all BANNZED) so it was just a romantic dinner for 2. I've been craving sushi for a while so we hit up Sushi Deli.

Miso soup with crumbled fried wontons. This was the first time I've had fried wontons in the soup and it was amazing! It adds great texture to the soup.


Fried gyoza.

$5.50 drink special: large import beer and sake. A great deal, but only 3 shots-worth of sake? Fail.


I ordered the 4x4 special. I don't exactly remember what it had, but it was good. My eyes ordered more than my stomach could handle though.


Jamie was in the same boat. He got this bento box.


And also this tropical roll. The mango on top was great!


Jamie let me crash his Westin Gaslamp Hotel room. Price: $Free.99. Thanks J!


And just a preview of the HoB:


I'm starting to like Halloween more and more...

No comments: