Wednesday, July 07, 2010

July 03: The Mindzalike DJs Present Solstice, The 5th Edition

(Thank you Bin for the song inspiration. You are my musical muse. (No homo.))

Free The Robots - Jazzhole by Jazz & Milk

No chocolate wasted on this night. (It was impossible with all the dancing we did.) Just good music with the Mindzalike fam at their homegrown event: Solstice. I've somehow managed to have missed the previous four, so for the past 1.5 years, I made it my goal to make sure I attended the next one. Genres throughout the 80s, 90s, and 2000s were all touched, never skipping a beat. DJs Julz, speshulED, edROC, and Mark Marcelo spinning at their recent Saturday residency: The Office.

What shocked me was how many lyrics I knew to Backstreet Boys, N'Sync, and Britney Spears.

I wanted to take more pictures out on the floor, but The Office is tiny, and I got pretty jammed into the booth so most of the shots are from one point of view. That didn't stop us from raging to 90s pop, dubstep, and Madonna.


@TabeBBQ in the back for the early birds.



DJ Julian up first.


Thanks for the drink Judy!


Jay & Joe, two of the loudest mofos on Earf. You can hear them laughing in this picture.


Sneak attack pictures, by Guil.





DJ speshulED up next.


Followed by DJ edROC.


Whoa take it easy there tiger. Save some for your birthday coming up.


What's your favorite compound couple name? Brandice? (Brandon + Felice.)


Jo-indy? (Joe + Cindy.)


Marngie? (Mark + Angie.)


Ughhh... Brudy De La Viloria? (Brandon + Judy + De La Pena + Viloria.)


... Jundon Morlapena or Jhetlian Valdahoff. (I quit.)





Are you guys about to swap suka?




\M/r. \M/ark \M/arcelo.



Pek! Pek! Pek! Pek! Pek! Pek! Pek! Pek! Pek!



Time Of My Life Awards were given to DJ edROC and Joe aka "That Niggy Iggy".


Great job guys!


Later we met up at Studio Diner where Torin was sharing some awesomely terrible jokes.

This dead body is brought to you by the letter "A".

No comments: