Monday, September 01, 2008

Aug 30: A Night Out on the Town

An un-inspiring blog title. But since I'm behind about 3 days on my posts, I'm starting to forget some great material. I'll do my best for the last 3 days/2 nights.

I started my day off with grabbing some lunch with Jenn (NSB.org) who was in town from the Bay! Sorry I wasn't able to meet up with you at the clubs over the weekend. Save me a dance for next time k?
Photobucket

We ate at BLT Burger at the Mirage. The burger was at room temperature (border-line cold), the fries were super salty, and the meal was overpriced. Looks are deceiving.
Photobucket

Came back to the room to watch the Michigan x Utah game with some of Stephen's friends. Michigan almost came back to win their season opener.
Photobucket

Bryan and Stephen. They have this love...
Photobucket

hate...
Photobucket

but-I-really-do-love-you relationship.
Photobucket

Later that night we got ready to go out.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Stephen had some trouble with tying a tie.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Linda said something kinda mean (I don't remember now), which explains the look on my face.
Photobucket

Brian and Jeff got some rest before going out.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Wei and Mike try to get a flipcup game going.
Photobucket

Zippy's always game.
Photobucket

Bryan and Linda playing bartenders.
Photobucket

Photobucket

This was probably one of the highlights of the night. I'll have a video up soon enough.
Photobucket

We then proceeded to head out to the club, but faced several hitches. Tao's cover charge and line was ridiculous as well as the cover price for Jet. We got to Blush too late and didn't want to pay a cover for that spot either. So we hung out at Wynn for a bit while some of the group gambled. These two are around each other a lot.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Bummed.
Photobucket

After some debate, we decied to walk back towards the hotel and see if we could get into the Tao Lounge (for free). It turns out that the bouncer is from Michigan and we didn't have to wait in line or pay. Score.
Photobucket

Ran into Albert from Rooted Movement! Good seeing you bro.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Stephen presenting a gift to Zippy.
Photobucket

Fung-Lin, Bryan, Stephen.
Photobucket

Photobucket

The spot was nice and at least we got in for free. But it wasn't much of a club and more like a lounge. So the energy levels were flickering.
Photobucket

We also were out till about 4am.
Photobucket

Photobucket

We went to this cafe which was right next to the elevators up to our room.
Photobucket

All night.
Photobucket

A bunch of us passed out at the table. Here's Mike.
Photobucket

Me and Cindy.
Photobucket

I had a quesadilla and was not satisfied with the portion size. Oh well. Headed back to the room and found the living room (my bedroom) completely sloshed.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Video of the flipcup game soon!

No comments: