Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Sept 14: Common & N*E*R*D at The Wiltern

Day 3 in San Di... Los Angeles? Hmmm...

Started off my afternoon by getting some errands done around the house, and watching the Chargers get screwed again, TWICE!

In the late afternoon I headed up to Koreatown to Bruce and Daniel's apartment which is a few blocks away from the Wiltern where we were gonna see N*E*R*D and Common. Yea I know this is the 3rd time I've seen N*E*R*D and the 2nd time I've seen Common just this year. But I'm just showin' some love for some great acts. And I'm glad I went. N*E*R*D was amazing and this was in the top 2 performances I've seen for Common. Check the bottom of the post for some videos. Click on the actual videos themselves for the ability to switch to high definition (highly recommended).

Jasmine, Bruce, Daniel.
Photobucket

First up was N*E*R*D.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Closing the set with Everyone Nose, and plenty of girls standing on stage.
Photobucket

Then came Common.
Photobucket

Pharrell came back and performed some old and new songs with Com.
Photobucket

DJ Dummy running the turntables.
Photobucket

Common's got some crowd control.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Special freestyle guest: Will.I.Am (B.E.P.)
Photobucket

Anyone know who makes this shirt?
Photobucket

My favorite picture of the show. Common is glowing.
Photobucket

After the show I headed back home. The end of my LA weekend. Please no more invites to Los Angeles for a while. I'm tired of it.

Here's N*E*R*D performing You Know What, one of my favorite tracks on the new album. Another plus for this concert because they didn't perform this at the House of Blues San Diego show.


And here's Common and Pharrell performing Universal Mind Control which was posted on 2dopeboyz, recorded by woodini6969. Pharrell gets his moonwalk on and Common gets windmill on.


Lastly another new song from Common's new album: The Eye. Common performed a lot of songs from his new album, and it sounds very promising. I had my video originally uploaded, but woodini6969's is much better.

No comments: