Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Game 1 Western Conference Finals: Lakers 105, Nuggets 103

Man what a nail-biter. Maybe it was the atmosphere, but that had to be one of the most intense Laker games this post-season. The Nuggets were a harder and tougher team throughout most of the game. But with some championship determination in the late 4th quarter, the Lakers were able to pull out the W. I'm so glad I got to witness amazing live! (Check out the final 4 minutes of the game play-by-play on the Lakers blog HERE.)

I got a text earlier this morning from Bruce, asking if I'd be interested in his extra playoff ticket. I missed out on the Game 5 blowout over the Rockets, but this was sure to be a more competitive series. I was able to get off work a little early so I could pickup his sister Brittany and meet him at his apartment in LA.

Staples Center. Damn palm tree.


Rocked my Kobe 4 Carpe Diems.


We made it just in time to get the free t-shirt and watch the introductions. Our seats were at the top level, but honestly the view was still pretty nice. I don't think there are any "bad" seats in the house.


#24. Jerry West said in an interview earlier today that Lebron has surpassed Kobe. Kobe isn't ready to give up just yet though.


Damn backboard.


Tipoff!








As I said, the game was really intense. The Lakers were on the heels of the Nuggets, but Melo put on a clinic with 39 points.


Kobe did one better with 40 though.


A critical steal by my boy Trevor Ariza in the last 30 seconds of the game with 2 free throws by Kobe sealed the deal!


Thanks again Bruce!


You can read the recap on ESPN.com. GO LAKERS! I'm pretty glad I finally got to go to a playoff game. Especially this one!


Legendary. We miss ya Chick.


Game 2 is Thursday! Yea it sucks that the games start so early (6:00pm PST), but the best part is that it's done before 9:00pm.


DTLA.


Free shirts! Destination: Championship.


Many thanks to Bruce's brother Earl for buying these tickets, Bruce for offering them to me, and Greg for letting me get off work early. This was by far the best Laker game I've attended!

Step it up for Game 2 Lake Show. You're doggin it. And please Kobe no more technicals. We can't afford to lose you at this point. If anyone is interested in Game 2 tickets in Section 17 VIP, let me know. My godbrother Mark has a pair up for sale.

No comments: