Sunday, August 17, 2008

Aug 16: L&O and Kevin's BBQ

Saturday was a day full of driving and barbeques. While my parents left for SD for the weekend (ironic the one time I'm not going down they do :P) and my Lola staying with my uncle, Brian and I trekked across southern california. Please see the bottom of the post for a VLOG of Kevin's BBQ in Santa Monica.

But our first stop: The Loud & Obnoxious sale and BBQ.
Photobucket

We got there a little late, but the spot was definitely hot (figuritively and literally).
Photobucket

Guestbook.
Photobucket

Fortune cookies! I don't get it.
Photobucket

Photobucket

One of their first screenprints. That's history.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Many congratulations to Brian Obnoxious (not his real last name) and the rest of the L&O crew. DO IT YOURSELF!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Finally CHUCK (L&O, NSB.org) shows up super fashionably late. So me and Brimo GTFO already.
Photobucket

We headed to Fairfax and Melrose to stop by Johnny Cupcakes and the Hundreds for a bit. First Melrose. Told you I'd be back Johnny.
Photobucket

Brian's amazed at the design of the shop. The giant green oven produces new tees weekly.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Then Rosewood. (Sorry no pictures.)
Photobucket

Then the journey continues to Santa Monica. Made a quick stop at UNDFTD SM. Here's something different: a 4-horned Mammoth. (????)
Photobucket

Then finally we get to Kevin's spot in SM. Really close to the beach. I'm pretty jealous.
Photobucket

Photobucket

The Normal/Odd couple at it again.
Photobucket

Sheryl!
Photobucket

Sheryl's buddy Laura (aka Sheryl #2).
Photobucket

STEAK!
Photobucket

Hot dogs!
Photobucket

And of course some matching with Jenny.
Photobucket

Photobucket

There was also some Wii Tennis.
Photobucket

And DDR: The Disney Edition. May I add, the song selection SUCKED!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And towards the end of the night, AJ knocked over the grill just before we got the burgers going. Nice work kid.
Photobucket

DDRFG: Dance Dance Revolution For Gays.
Photobucket

Good times overall. Brian and I headed out early because he had to get back to Irvine. I was supposed to hang out with some peeps in Anaheim, but I was too damn tired. Instead I video chatted with my SD wifey Annabelle.
Photobucket
And if you EVER come to Orange County again without telling me, IT'S OVER YO!

The next morning I grabbed some breakfast with Michael. It's amazing that ever since he's gotten a car, I've seen him more times in the past month than in the past 5 years. 3 times!! Amazing. Here he is getting his Gap Model on.
Photobucket

Grabbed some breakfast at the Original Pancake House nearby.
Photobucket

Some really good fresh-squeezed OJ.
Photobucket

Banana pancakes. (Not pictured: bacon on the side.)
Photobucket

Blueberry pancakes. (Bacon on the side.)
Photobucket

And lastly, the footage from Kevin's BBQ. These video blogs are kinda fun. Just take some time to make. Props to Michael for helping me pick the song out. Not the worst video in the world right Kevin? Enjoy. ;)

And don't ask me why the "a" is missing in the title. I can't fix it.

No comments: