Sunday, April 18, 2010

Johnny Cupcakes Suitcase Tour 2010: Back to Basics

UPDATE: Bumping this back up. Brian and I are coming down to San Diego straight after work tomorrow to make the event! We hope to see you all down there. Check out some of the action at the previous stops on the Johnny Cupcakes blog.


I was kinda surprised to see this posted on the 5&A Dime blog, until I checked the Johnny Cupcakes Tour website and found out that 5&A Dime is hosting the San Diego stop on April 19th! Sounds like a good idea to me. Support the crew and this great brand.



As you may know, one of the foundations of my brand was when I used to sling wrinkled up, gas scented t-shirts out of my crusty suitcase while on tour with the band I was in. There were even tours where I'd barely pack any regular clothes for myself to wear—just all Johnny Cupcakes stuff. When I sold out of t-shirts, I'd call home and, when they weren't at work or at school, I'd have my mom and little sister ship out more of them to whatever state we were playing next.

Fast forward to today. My mom and little sister are now happily working with my brand full-time and will be shipping t-shirts to me once again as I embark on my newest journey: The Johnny Cupcakes Suitcase Tour.

Starting this April, I'm bringing it back to my roots. I'll be driving the CupcakeMobile all around the USA to sling t-shirts out of my suitcase and hang out with my customers. I think it will not only be a great way to have personal meet-ups with all of you, but also a nice way to celebrate the humble beginnings of my brand. There will be six suitcase exclusive t-shirts and a few other specials that can only be purchased on my tour. Each stop on the tour will be hosted by various neat businesses that I respect—art galleries, boutiques, bakeries, toy shops, and many others. There will even be some delicious free treats and surprises at most of these stops!

My favorite part about my brand is building a community. Whenever I have an event, release, or opening, many people who share the same passion for this brand come together and meet new best friends and even significant others! It's a pretty magical thing, if you ask me.

Throughout the tour, we will be documenting these memories and uploading a video webisode every single day. All of the extra footage will be turned into a full documentary which will be released at a later date. For more up to date information, stay tuned to: www.JohnnyCupcakes.com/Tour

I wouldn't be here without you, and I'm excited to meet and hang out!

See you soon!

-Johnny Cupcakes


5&A Dime x JC collab tee? Do it Jay...

No comments: