Tuesday, July 29, 2008

All Shook Up

You didn't think I wasn't gonna blog this did you? Well here it is.

A 5.4 magnitude earthquake occurred at 11:42am PST in Chino Hills (about 15 miles northeast of my home) earlier today. The quake lasted for approximately 30 seconds and was one of the strongest ones felt since the infamous 6.7 Northridge Earthquake in 1994.

Read more here: ABC News

I wasn't at work today because I was meeting a friend up in L.A. When it started I just ran to a doorway and watched my sh*t shake around. The only other person home was my lola who was screaming for dear life. Poor Mamang. But everyone's ok. Not much damage was done to the house or our personal belongings. Here are just a few shots of some of the drama in my parents room. Toppled vases and pictures.
Photobucket

Broken glass everywhere.
Photobucket

And my dad's bowling trophy. Too bad so sad.
Photobucket

Thank you everyone who checked on me. Seems like we made a bigger deal out of this than we needed to. Probably because we haven't had that much "excitement" in a while. Thi came by to hitch a ride to L.A. He took some of Brian's pictures down as a precaution. Brian, this was a result of Thi's crushing hand-strength, not the quake.
Photobucket
You owe him one Thi.

I took some of my shit down too just to be safe.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Toodles.

No comments: