Sunday, March 15, 2009

Hellz Bellz Sale x Porto's Bakery

So after a weak 6 hours of sleep, I woke up to get ready to meet with Jenn(SF x NSB.org) and her friend Mike at the Hellz Bellz sale at Archrival in Little Tokyo.

My morning routine usually consists of just reading up on Twitter/FB/NY Times on my iPhone while I sit in the bathroom (don't act like I'm the only one!). If you follow me on Twitter, then this was the spot where I was caught in my dilemma (literally, a FML moment). With my MacGyver skills though, I was able to get out of it. (Picture was taken AFTER the toilet paper was replenished...)


Got to Little Tokyo in downtown LA and there was a pretty good line going before the opening.


Jenn and her best bud Mike. They were actually the first ones there when there was no line, but just waited in the car for me. I kinda lagged. My bad guys.


Gotta get one of these in.


Archrival x Hellz Bellz Sample Sale. I like how the arrows on the right are pointing at the girl. "LOOK HERE!". I'm a big fan of this brand, but they so far only make women's clothing. COME ON BAM. MAKE THE MENS LINE HAPPEN!


Because I was late, I couldn't get Mike and Jenn in ahead of the crowd. We waited bit for our turn. Some of the SD crew came up for the sale and got the early bird special. Klev, Gian, Josie, and Judy. This was the 3rd time I saw Gian and Josie in a week! And none of those times were in San Diego! That makes me really happy haha. You guys should come up more.


Lanie pulled us in eventually. "Why are you still out there?! Come in!" It's cuz you never got me! Well there was plenty of stuff from the old seasons as well as a few sample-sized gems that will never make production.


Jenn and Mike contemplating what to get for herself and for Racine. (I hope that you like your new gear Racine!) I actually let these two run amok in the sale. I had to leave and pick up Stephen and Bryan and head back to Anaheim ASAP.


As I was about to walk out, Rino of the Beat Freaks was in the house! And I just so happened to be wearing my Freak the Vote! tee. BONUS! I told her how amazing she is and congratulated her on all her success. She was really cool and chill and thanked me for the support (KAWAIIII!!). I had to snap a groupie pic before I left. Me, Rino, Sneaker (the puppy!), Lanie (Hellz Bellz), Bam (Hellz Bellz). Thanks again Lanie and Bam! I'll see you guys around.


I called Bryan up to see where they were. They were getting lunch at Porto's Bakery. If you haven't been here, this is a very popular restaurant in Glendale that serves Cuban-style sandwiches and makes some of the best treats. A lot of the food here had meat in it. FML!


Everyone after their satisfying meals.


Bryan likes to whisper my name when he thinks I'm not pay attention. I CAN HEAR YOU DAMN IT!


Jon, Jacob, and Jingleheimer... I mean Chris.


Cubano potato balls with ground beef. :( :( :(


A few of us get back in line to get some dessert (in my case, the first meal of the day). Check out all the tasty pastries!


Two things I do highly recommend her for dessert are the cheese rolls and guava rolls (or if you're really adventurous, the cheese/guava rolls). A light, flaky dessert with a subtle sweetness to it. This whole box cost Jon $5.00! That's a deal.


Tried to take a picture of Bryan and Jon and noticed this little baby in the background. Doesn't she look like Mark Wahlberg?! (Click to enlarge.)


Porto's Bakery in Glendale. Check it out!


We went back to Jon's apartment to get Bryan's and Stephen's things. Jon's limited edition Johnny Cupcakes x Apple Macbook Pro.


Mr. Jon. Thanks again dude. We'll see you around of course.


Rather than leave right away though, Stephen had to download this Mah Jong computer game from Jon. YOU FOBS! It's cool though. I just lost about another hour of sleep...


The crappy drive back to Anaheim. There was traffic, but thanks to my iPhone, I found a detour that saved me about 30 minutes. I dropped the boys off and then took about a 20 minute nap. I had to get packed and get my ass down to San Diego!

No comments: